Sunday, 23 February 2014

Stila Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss

Today I'll be taking a look at Stila's Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss, in the shade "Infused With Happiness". Now what with the extreme heat here in Western Australia I've been avoiding lipglosses recently as I find they can be too sticky and in the heat I just don't want that on my face, but I have heard so many good things about Stila's glosses that I had to give this one a go.

At first this shade intimidated me, it's a peachy shade leaning more orange, and orange is something I avoid... just in general. But I figured that since it was a gloss, hopefully it would add just a hint of peach tone to my lips. The packaging is pretty groovy, and the applicator is a brush, rather than the traditional doe-foot often found in lipglosses.


To use this, you hold the base of the applicator section, and twist the tube to dispense the product. Just twist. And twist. Aaannd twist. Okay, something went a bit pear shaped here. I have tried some of Stila's smaller Lip Glazes and when you twist them they make this satisfying clicky noise that lets you know that it's doing something. This one? No clicks. No product. No apparent movement. Until, all of a sudden, after I had given up and put the damned thing back on the table....


It finally worked! I figured out that you have to give it two or three twists, and then just wait. And wait. This is a very thick, rich gloss, and as such it takes it's sweet time working it's way up the tube. Unfortunately I had twisted it a gajillion times thinking that it was broken, so it did kind of ooze gloss for about 10 minutes before it stopped. I think this is a bit of a problem really, since it resulted in so much product wastage. Maybe a doe-foot applicator would have been better for such a thick product. 

Anyway, onto the actual quality of the gloss. 


So shiny! This really did feel like a coating of glaze, my lips felt like Glacé cherries. It is a smooth, thick texture, but not too sticky. Once it is on the lips it really doesn't feel runny or tacky like other glosses, I think this one would have pretty good staying power considering it is a gloss. It added a subtle pink/peach tone to my lips, but overall the colour wasn't incredibly noticeable.

I kinda sorta like this product, but I have real reservations about the packaging. Also, after I removed the gloss my lips felt very sticky, and it took a while before the residual gloss worked its way off. So I'm still on the fence about this one. Stay tuned for my review of more Stila Lip Glazes coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment